One of the best features you can find in a smart tv with operating system Android or Google TV is that you can install any type of application, even if it is not in the official app store Play Store since you can transfer them directly from your cell phone.
Here is the easiest way to transfer any type of app or file to your television and so install it directly in apk-format for this you will simply need an Android cell phone and a television that uses this Android or Google operating system.
Transfer apps to a Smart TV
The easiest method to transfer any kind of app directly to your smart TV is by using an app called Send Files to TV which you must have installed both on your Smart TV and on your Android phone you can find them for free in both app stores.
- Open the Send Files to TV application on the cell phone and Smart TV.
- Set TV to receive.
- Now on your Android phone press send.
- You will be able to send any file as an APK application.
- When you have received it on your television you have to go to the file explorer.
- Find the app in APK format and press install.
- Now you can use it as if you had downloaded it from the Play Store.
Some of the things that you should take into consideration is that many applications that you install on your smart television through this means, they could go directly to the system applications section since your television cannot classify them among the other apps it has installed.